I’m back!! I took a much needed break from all things work related (and daily life in general). For the past 2 weeks I have been spending time with friends and family in Heaven (aka Maine).
Vacation definitely has a different vibe with a 10 month old tagging alone but it was still really nice to turn off my work brain and just relax.
And now I’m back home and back to reality, blah! I don’t know how everyone else works but I seriously have to get home and get everything back and organized before I can really relax. This wasn’t easy because we basically had a whole new dinning room to set up (thank you to my in-laws 🙂 ) along with all of the usual laundry/unpacking fun. I can’t to show everyone pictures of the new set up in the dinning room but that will come a bit later. I’m officially all settled back in but now it has hit me that work and more reality is less than 1 day away. Making our meal list and grocery shopping today have definitely confirmed that it’s back to daily grind tomorrow.
Our weekly menu this week has some old recipes I have had forever and lots of CHEESE!!! Over vacation I have slowly gotten back to my diet before Eva was diagnosed with a Milk Protein Allergy. It looks like we are a go and little girl loves all things cheese just like her mama 🙂
This week we are going to have:
- Pizza (the normal way)
- Pesto Pasta with chicken this week. We had left over pine nuts from the last time so I have to use them up
- Weeknight Ravioli Bake made with spinach ravioli
- The best light macaroni and cheese made with ham and broccoli. I have tried several homemade macaroni and cheese recipes and this is by the far the creamiest and has about 1/2 the calories. I find that it is really really yummy if you had a little swiss cheese to it too which is awesome because another meal this week needed swiss!
- Baked Chicken and Brie We made a trip to BJs yesterday and you can pick up a huge thing of Brie for almost nothing
- Swim Ham Ring (aka Daddy’s Special). My Dad used to make this for my sister and I when we were little when my mom wasn’t home, thus getting the name Daddy’s Special 🙂
Definitely lots of Cheese! I can’t wait.