Part of what made coming back from vacation a little bit fun was coming home and setting up our new dining room furniture. This time last year I was almost 8 months pregnant and my husband built us an addition off the kitchen with the help of friends and family. It was a big undertaking and hugely stressful especially being that pregnant but it came out absolutely beautiful. For the last year we have basically just had a table in there and my wonderful in-laws decided to change that and loaded us up with chairs and a hutch. I feel so adult that that excites me 🙂 What we now have is:
Minus the dog bed it’s so beautiful. My husband’s gram also gave us her china so the hutch is all full and ready for a dinner party! Now hopefully sometime this next year we will finally get art/pictures up on the wall
Now that we have such a nice set up I have even more of a desire to cook nice family dinners every night. We have been having sit down dinners for at least the last 2 years and we feel it’s really important to have that family time each night especially now that we have miss Eva. Tonight’s dinner was an oldie but a goodie. Growing up my dad had just a couple of things that he would cook when he was out of town and this one was a hit with my sister and I and thus got the name Daddy’s Special It definitely wasn’t the smartest idea to use the oven when it’s 100 outside but it was so yummy
I hope everyone is having a great week!
I’m back!! I took a much needed break from all things work related (and daily life in general). For the past 2 weeks I have been spending time with friends and family in Heaven (aka Maine).
Look out from the dock
Vacation definitely has a different vibe with a 10 month old tagging alone but it was still really nice to turn off my work brain and just relax.
And now I’m back home and back to reality, blah! I don’t know how everyone else works but I seriously have to get home and get everything back and organized before I can really relax. This wasn’t easy because we basically had a whole new dinning room to set up (thank you to my in-laws 🙂 ) along with all of the usual laundry/unpacking fun. I can’t to show everyone pictures of the new set up in the dinning room but that will come a bit later. I’m officially all settled back in but now it has hit me that work and more reality is less than 1 day away. Making our meal list and grocery shopping today have definitely confirmed that it’s back to daily grind tomorrow.
Our weekly menu this week has some old recipes I have had forever and lots of CHEESE!!! Over vacation I have slowly gotten back to my diet before Eva was diagnosed with a Milk Protein Allergy. It looks like we are a go and little girl loves all things cheese just like her mama 🙂
This week we are going to have:
- Pizza (the normal way)
- Pesto Pasta with chicken this week. We had left over pine nuts from the last time so I have to use them up
- Weeknight Ravioli Bake made with spinach ravioli
- The best light macaroni and cheese made with ham and broccoli. I have tried several homemade macaroni and cheese recipes and this is by the far the creamiest and has about 1/2 the calories. I find that it is really really yummy if you had a little swiss cheese to it too which is awesome because another meal this week needed swiss!
- Baked Chicken and Brie We made a trip to BJs yesterday and you can pick up a huge thing of Brie for almost nothing
- Swim Ham Ring (aka Daddy’s Special). My Dad used to make this for my sister and I when we were little when my mom wasn’t home, thus getting the name Daddy’s Special 🙂
Definitely lots of Cheese! I can’t wait.